The Twelve Steps are:
* Admit powerlessness over the addiction.
* Believe that a Power greater than oneself could restore sanity.
* Make a decision to turn your will and your life over to the care of God, as you understand him.
* Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of self.
* Admit to God, yourself, and another human being the exact nature of your wrongs.
* Become willing to have God remove all these defects from your character.
* Humbly ask God to remove shortcomings.
* Make a list of all persons harmed by your wrongs and become willing to make amends to them all.
* Make direct amends to such people, whenever possible except when to do so would injure them or others.
* Continue to take personal inventory and promptly admit any future wrongdoings.
* Seek to improve contact with a God of the individual's understanding through meditation and prayer.
* Carry the message of spiritual awakening to others and practice these principles in all your affairs.